Quezon City road repairs: November 22-24
MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) said it is fast-tracking road reblocking projects before a moratorium on road construction takes effect mid-December.
Starting Saturday, November 22, up to 5 am of Monday, November 24, 9 Quezon City roads will undergo repairs:
- Along Fairview Avenue, from Camaro to Peacock Streets
- Along Mindanao Avenue, from St Charbel Street to Tandang Sora Avenue
- Along Road 8 to North Avenue
- Along Commonwealth Avenue, from Bicol-Leyte Street to Pedestrian Overpass of Batasan Road Litex to Residential Vulcanizing
- Along Araneta Avenue
- Along Quirino Highway
- Along Batasan Road
- Along Congressional Avenue, from Sinagtala Street to Mindanao Avenue
- Along Congressional Avenue Extension, from Salinghali Street to Luzon Avenue
DPWH said it will closely monitor its contractors who always work beyond their approved schedules so as not to cause unnecessary public inconvenience.
The Metro Manila Development Authority is set to freeze all road construction starting midnight of December 15 to help decongest traffic during the holiday season. DPWH said it will comply with the moratorium.
Repair work will resume in January 2015. (READ: Metro Manila road repairs to stop for Christmas season) – Rappler.com