LIVE BLOG: Forbes Global CEO Conference 2015
MANILA, Philippines – The stage is set for the 15th Forbes Global CEO Conference, happening first time in the country starting Monday, October 12 until Wednesday, October 14, 2015.
The annual event is attended by some 400 global CEOs, tycoons, entrepreneurs, up-and-comers, capitalists, and thought leaders. (READ: Manila to host 15th Forbes Global CEO Conference in October)
This year's theme, "Toward a Winning Vision," focuses on visionary leadership or how leaders at the helm of great companies conceive and articulate vivid visions that capture the imagination of their teams, inspire confidence among investors, and win the hearts and minds of consumers.
Among some 50 prominent global business leaders invited as speakers, 5 of them are Filipino tycoons, namely:
- Teresita Sy-Coson, vice chairperson of SM Investments Corporation (SMIC, one of the Philippines’ leading groups with interests in retail, banking, and property development), is listed to join the panel on "Seeing is Believing," focused on how best can CEOs conceive and implement vivid visions to generate profits and revenues and inspire the confidence of their staff and maximize their productivity
- Enrique K. Razon Jr, chairman of the board and president of International Container Terminal Services, Incorporated (ICTSI, a Philippine-based company involved in the management and operation of 29 ports and terminals in 21 countries), is one of the confirmed speakers for the panel, "Road Map to Riches," focusing on what are the best investment ideas that pension funds, corporations, and individuals should focus on; optimal strategies to achieve the highest return at the lowest risk; how should investors choose between stocks and bonds, currencies and commodities, debt, private equity, venture capital, derivatives, hedge funds or real estate; which markets or sectors look like the next investment winners and which ones look poised for sell-offs
- Ramon S. Ang, president and COO of diversified conglomerate San Miguel Corporation, is one of the confirmed speakers for the panel, he'll speak about the "View from the Top," on how can leaders turn their profound ideas for business or social change into brilliant realities
- Manuel B. Villar Sr, chairman of the board of Vista Land & Lifescapes, Incorporated (recognized for its themed and masterplanned communities and its brands namely, Camella, Crown Asia, Brittany and Vista Residences), is joining the panel on "Seek and You Will Find," to shed light on their entrepreneurial journeys; what it takes to start and build a successful company, overcome obstacles, invest strategically, create lasting value – and always have fun
- Jaime Augusto Zobel de Ayala, chairman and CEO of Ayala Corporation, the holding company of the oldest business group in the Philippines, will join Villar in the panel on "Seek and You Will Find"
President Benigno S. Aquino III will engage in “A Meeting of Minds” - a one-on-one dialogue with Steve Forbes, chairman and editor-in-chief of Forbes Media, to discuss global economic issues at the finale and grand closing of the conference on October 14. (READ: Aquino leads speakers of 15th Forbes Global CEO Conference in Manila)
Finance Secretary Cesar V. Purisima will join the opening panel on October 13 on "The Search for Growth," which will look at where new growth come from; how will trends play out in the political sphere around the world; how should CEOs and investors assess these and other trends. (Check here for the rest of the 3-day conference's program.)
The opening night reception and gala dinner is on October 12, with Steve Forbes leading session 1, "Fact and Comment." Panels officially start on October 13.
On the evening of October 13, a musical gala will entertain the delegates, with performances by seasoned and globally-known Philippine artists Arnel Pineda, Kuh Ledesma, Radha, and Zsa Zsa Padilla; accompanied by El Gamma Penumbra, Buganda, Danoy and Makiling.
Delegate attendance at the Forbes Global CEO Conference is by invitation only, limited to qualified titles (usually chairman, vice chairman, CEO, and President from global headquarters) and is at the discretion of Forbes.
The conference participation fee is $8,000, inclusive of the costs of all conference sessions; social events organized as part of the conference agenda: and conference documentation. The fee though does not include travel and accommodation costs.
Conference sessions will be held at the Solaire Grand Ballroom and delegates are required to be in business attire (jacket and tie). Business casual (jacket, no tie) is the required attire for the reception and entertainment program at The Theater at Solaire. Members of the media accredited to cover the conference are also advised to dress appropriately.
Follow Rappler's coverage of the Forbes Global CEO Conference 2015 here:
Read stories from Rappler's coverage of the Forbes Global CEO Conference 2014:
- 400 CEOs, leaders in Singapore to tackle 'next horizon'
- 5 things you need to know about China’s richest
- Singapore PM: Disputes in region keep me up at night
- Singapore PM: ASEAN integration 80% complete
- Singapore on US' role in disputes: You're not omnipotent
- Lee Hsien Loong talks global issues at Forbes CEO meet opening
- Billionaires' advice on making money: Look at tech, China
- Razon: Manila more 'cool, interesting' than HK, Singapore
- Berjaya's Tan: No bribes, just paying locals who 'get things done'
- Saverin's 3 thoughts on innovation since Facebook
- Should parents force their children to join their family business?
- Tessie Sy on ASEAN integration: Awareness up, IT to lead
- SMIC to go digital? Tessie Sy-Coson says they're not in a rush