Grace Poe says Kuya Germs reminds her of her father
MANILA, Philippines – Senator Grace Poe said that she will always remember the late German "Kuya Germs" Moreno for his optimistic and positive outlook in life.
In an interview during the second day of Kuya Germs' wake at the Mt Carmel Church in New Manila on Saturday, January 9, Grace said Kuya Germs has always been a helpful person.
"Si Kuya Germs talaga, iyan yung matulungin. Haligi iyan ng ating industriya kasi, iyon nga, binibigay niyang pagkakataon yung sa mga bata, and very optimistic, very positive. Wala siyang masamang sinasabi sa kanyang kapwa," she said.
(Kuya Germs is a very helpful person. He’s a pillar of our industry because he gave everyone a chance, the kids, and he’s very optimistic, very positive. He never said anything hurtful to anyone.)
The senator said that Kuya Germs' actions remind her so much of her father, the late showbiz icon Fernando Poe Jr, who was also known to have helped the Philippine entertainment industry in his own ways.
"Kaya para sa akin, 'pag nakikita ko si Kuya Germs palaging nangangamusta, naaalala ko rin yung tatay ko. Kahit papaano ang iniisip niya hindi sarili niya palagi."
(For me, whenever Kuya Germs asked how I was, I would always remember my father. He never thinks about himself, but always about others.)
Grace added that she cannot thank Kuya Germs enough for what he has contributed to the industry. She also asked for a small favor.
"At kung magkikita kayo ni Papa, paki-akap na lang siya para sa akin (And if you see Papa, please hug him for me)." – Rappler.com
More on German Moreno
- Imelda Marcos on Kuya Germs: 'His legacy will be with us forever'
- Dawn Zulueta, Coco Martin, stars remember Kuya Germs
- Billy Crawford opens up about previous 'tampuhan' with Kuya Germs
- John Nite on what he'll miss most about Kuya Germs
- John Nite: 'It will never be the same without Kuya Germs'
- A great loss, Kuya Germs was a second father to me – Isko Moreno
- Stars mourn death of German 'Kuya Germs' Moreno
- German 'Kuya Germs' Moreno dies