MMFF 2016: 'Oro' wins Best Ensemble Cast
MANILA, Philippines – Oro, the Metro Manila Film Festival 2016 entry directed by Alvin Yapan, won Best Ensemble Cast at the festival's awards night held on Thursday, December 29 at the Kia Theatre.
Starring Irma Adlawan, Joem Bascon, Mercedes Cabral, Sandino Martin and inspired by true events, Oro tells the story of 4 miners from Camarines Sur who were killed in 2014.
More details to follow. – Rappler.com
More MMFF 2016 on Rappler here:
- FULL LIST: Winners, MMFF 2016 Gabi ng Parangal
- MMFF 2016: 'Oro' star Irma Adlawan wins Best Actress
- MMFF 2016: 'Die Beautiful' star Paolo Ballesteros wins Best Actor
- MMFF 2016: 'Sunday Beauty Queen' wins Best Picture
- MMFF 2016: 'Oro' wins Best Ensemble Cast
- MMFF 2016: Erik Matti wins Best Director for 'Seklusyon'
- FULL LIST: 8 MMFF 2016 entries, trailers revealed
- MMFF 2016: 'Ang Babae Sa Septic Tank 2' tackles the making of a romcom
- MMFF 2016: The connection between 'Die Beautiful' and Jennifer Laude
- MMFF 2016: 'Kabisera,' a layered and complex family drama
- MMFF 2016: Based on true events, 'Oro' brings tough issues to light
- [MMFF 2016] Saving 'Saving Sally,' 12 years in the making
- MMFF 2016: In Erik Matti's 'Seklusyon,' terror comes for you – slowly
- MMFF 2016: 5 things to know about 'Sunday Beauty Queen'
- MMFF 2016: 5 things to know about 'Vince and Kath and James'
- MMFF 2016 revamped: 10 important changes to know
- Box office update: MMFF 2016 reveals day 1 top grossing films
- MMFF 2016 films face looming challenge to remain in theaters
- MMFF 2016: 4 films grant 30% discount to students, senior citizens, PWDs
- An MMFF 2016 rundown: Why you should watch all 8 entries
- WATCH: See the floats and the stars at the MMFF 2016 Parade!
- LOOK: Vibrant MMFF 2016 floats from the Parade of Stars
- MMFF 2016: No CEB grade for 'Kabisera,' director speaks up