Are you a young entrepreneur who wants a free trip to New Zealand?
The Asia New Zealand Foundation and the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade offers up to 6 young Southeast Asian food and beverage-focused business leaders and entrepreneurs the chance to visit New Zealand.
The week-long programme will give participants a better understanding of New Zealand’s food and beverage sector.
Applications close 4 November 2016.
About the trip
Dates: 22-29 March 2017
This opportunity is part of the ASEAN Young Business Leaders Initiative (YBLI), a key part of the New Zealand Government’s ASEAN strategy.
The initiative was created to strengthen links between entrepreneurs and business leaders in Southeast Asia and in New Zealand. So far, 62 business leaders from all ten ASEAN member countries representing a range of industries have visited New Zealand.
In addition, 16 New Zealand business leaders and entrepreneurs have travelled to Southeast Asia.
- Indonesia a foodies paradise for F&B entrepreneurs
- Cambodian entrepreneur helping young programmers get a start
- Young business leaders build ASEAN networks
Successful applicants will meet New Zealand food and beverage business leaders and entrepreneurs, develop a greater knowledge of New Zealand’s innovative and premium-product-focused food and beverage sector and explore ways to collaborate with entrepreneurs from New Zealand. Applicants will also attend and potentially speak at leading conference, the New Zealand Food Summit.
During the trip you will:
- learn about the New Zealand business environment, specifically with regard to food and beverage
- meet and network with entrepreneurs and business leaders in Auckland and Wellington
- meet with government officials from New Zealand and ASEAN
- interact with the Asia New Zealand Foundation Leadership Network, a network of New Zealand’s top young leaders
- take time to understand the culture of New Zealand
- attend New Zealand’s top F&B event, New Zealand Food Summit.
The Foundation will work with the New Zealand diplomatic posts in ASEAN to deliver the programme.
Who can apply
Applicants must be:
- aged under 40
- able to demonstrate leadership in their field and of sufficient English language ability
- an entrepreneur or business leader at CEO or senior management level from one of the ten ASEAN nations
- working for or leading a business involved in food and beverage
Outstanding start-up entrepreneurs or emerging entrepreneurs will also be considered. No knowledge or experience of New Zealand is required.
- be based in and have citizenship or permanent residency of one of the ten ASEAN member countries
- be interested in connecting with equivalents from other countries and exploring international business opportunities
- be confident public speakers willing to engage in dialogue with entrepreneurs from other countries
- be willing to contribute to the relationship between New Zealand and ASEAN.
- How to apply
Applicants will need to provide:
- A completed application form
- Two referees.
Please send your application to Adam McConnochie.
The Asia New Zealand Foundation will fund the costs for the successful applicants, including return economy airfares, domestic transport, accommodation and insurance, as well as most meals and miscellaneous expenses.
Applications will be assessed by the relevant New Zealand Embassy or High Commission.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed either in person or via Skype. In New Zealand, a panel from the Asia New Zealand Foundation, New Zealand Trade and Enterprise and the ASEAN New Zealand Business Council will consult with overseas posts to make a final decision.
Email: Adam McConnochie