MANILA, Philippines - Fire engine red is still taking centre stage this season and is on our list of closet must-haves. A red blazer is a must-have tandem with it's ability to instantly and boldly upgrade the simplest of outfits.
Vermilion is incredibly versatile utilizing its multiple powers when combined with breton stripes, soft beige, stark whites or rose florals. Play it safe with accessories and stick to fine golds and silvers or make a statement with sparkling crystals, glistening metallics or bright hues to ensure you have yourself a striking outfit.
We've given you one scarlet blazer styled 6 different ways to help you rid yourself of your budget woes and maybe even bring out the Chris De Burgh in your significant other.
1. Go bright and bold with colour blocking using pinks, oranges and yellows.
COLOR BLOCKING. Zara blazer, Mango top, Topshop skirt, Dumond flats and Parfois ring. All styling by Kim Jones, assisted by Kaky Viacrusis, photos by Jason Quibilan
2. Legs for days? Yes please. High waisted skinny leggings will make your legs look longer. Team with a button up shirt to achieve the preppy look.
LEGS FOR DAYS. Zara blazer, Forever 21 shirt, Collezione tights, Dumond heels, Parfois earrings
3. Stripes never go out of style, sail on and pair your red blazer with white and blue.
GOING NAUTICAL. Zara blazer, Forever 21 striped shirt, Forever 21 pants, Zara heels, Parfois belt
4. Need an outfit for the office? Pick a pencil skirt in feminine florals that carry the same colour scheme.
OFFICE ROSE. Zara blazer, stylist's own top, Forever 21 skirt, Zara heels, Parfois necklace
5. Master the art of draping the blazer to soften the printed trousers and show off your detailed shirt.
DRAPE. Zara blazer, Warehouse fringe shirt, Warehouse pants, Dumond heels, Parfois ring
6. Toughen up a soft black dress and effortlessly transition from day to night.
DAY TO NIGHT. Tango dress, Zara heels, Parfois earrings
Kim Jones is a television personality, hosting Etcetera, ETC HQ and I am Meg on cable channel ETC. Born and raised in Australia, she moved to the Philippines in 2010. When she isn't surfing or enjoying the sunshine she combines her love of fashion and penchant for writing as a model, events host and blogger. (kimcamjones.com).
Welcome to Rappler, a social news network where stories inspire community engagement and digitally fuelled actions for social change. Rappler comes from the root words "rap" (to discuss) + "ripple" (to make waves).