WATCH: Kelsey Merritt makes breakouts looks chic in Vogue video
But even before that, she's become a favorite of many American fashion publications. That list now includes the legendary Vogue. (IN PHOTOS: The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2018)
On Tuesday, November 13, Vogue released a beauty secrets video featuring the Filipino-American model In the video, Kelsey showed some of her makeup preps and her secrets to makeup that perfects but doesn't conceal.
Here's a few things we learned about her routine:
- She's a fan of coconut oil and uses it on her body, including her neck. "I love coconut... It smells amazing," says the Pinay stunner.
- Kelsey also uses aloe vera straight from the plant itself. She keeps a tiny aloe vera plant handy and snips off a leaf to get fresh aloe vera gel, which she uses on her scalp and hair.
- She likes makeup that still looks like skin. While she uses a fairly high-coverage foundation that's a shade darker than her actual skin color, she applies only a sheer layer using her fingers and makes it a point not to conceal her freckles. Her concealer of choice also looks au naturele – Glossier's Stretch concealer.
- She doesn't sweat the small stuff. "I'm breaking out. It's totally normal – that's what makeup is for," she says. If all else fails, says Kelsey, there's always high-coverage concealer.
- Kilay goals? Luckily for her, it's god-given – clear grow gel is all she needs for her naturally thick and bushy brows.
- It was the very same no makeup makeup look – sheer base, bronzer, barely any brow and eye makeup, a "my lips but better" lipstick shade – that she wore when she auditioned for her gig in the Victoria's Secret fashion show.
"It means a lot to me and the people back home because they’ve always wanted a Philippine model to walk," she says of her gig.
"I feel like it's not just sucess for me but also success for them."
The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show airs in the US on December 2. – Rappler.com