[IN PHOTOS] A look at Pia Wurtzbach's outfits during her PH homecoming visit
MANILA, Philippines – Pia Wurtzbach recently returned home to the Philippines for the first time since her big Miss Universe win, and for her homecoming visit, she regularly stepped out in glamorous outfits fit for a queen.
Let's take a look at some of her ensembles worn during her memorable trip, which includes a number of courtesy calls, media appearances, and a grand homecoming event staged just for her.
According to Pia herself, she'd like to wear more Filipino designers during her reign. In a media interview last January 24, Pia said that she has gotten permission from the Miss Universe organization to wear more Filipino designs.
Check out photos of her outfits, with some provided by Filipino designers.
Pia arrived wearing this sleek dress from her trip to Indonesia last January 23.
Check out Pia's colorful outfit during the Creamsilk event.
On Sunday, January 24, she wore two outfits – a blue-green jumpsuit by Bessie Besana for her morning interviews, and a dress by Albert Andrada, who made her now famous blue gown for the Miss Universe competition.
Miss Universe @piawurtzbach in a custom made #BessieBesana jumpsuit for media interviews last Sunday. Pia wears a crepe jumpsuit in bluegreen with a long belt. To steal Pia's look, email email@example.com and/or visit bessiebesana.com #MissUniverse #MissUniverse2015 #PiaWurtzbachMU2015 #PiaWurtzbach #ConfidentlyBeautiful #WithAHeart #FashionDesigner #FilipinoDesigner
On January 25, she wore a purple floral inspired dress to her courtesy call to Manila mayor Joseph Estrada and the Senate before changing into her green terno by Albert Andrada for the grand parade.
During her parade at the Araneta Center in Cubao, Pia changed into a nude dress by Bessie Besana.
For her courtesy calls to President Benigno Aquino III, Makati city hall, Quezon City hall, and the House of Representatives where she was given the Congressional Medal of Distinction, Tuesday, January 26, Pia wore a pink terno by Albert Andrada.
On Wednesday, January 27, Pia wore an off-the-rack dress, styled by Adrianne Concepcion upon her arrival at ABS-CBN.
For her series of ABS-CBN interviews, Pia wore a purple Bessie Besana dress.
@missuniverse @piawurtzbach wears #BessieBesana for the ABS-CBN press junket. Here she wears a purple baloon skirt with 50's vibe top with a twist of strings. For more information visit bessiebesana.com #FilipinoDesigner #FashionDesigner #PiaWurtzbachMU2015 #PiaWurtzbach #MissUniverse #MissUniverse2015
A better look of Pia's outfit for today made by yours truly #BessieBesana. Here she wears a below the knee baloon shirt with a string connecting strap top for her media junket at her home station ABS-CBN. @missuniverse @piawurtzbach #FashionDesigner #FilipinoDesigner #MissUniverse #MissUniverse2015 #PiaWurtzbach #PiaWurtzbachMU2015
For her appearance on It's Showtime and charity events, Pia wore a dress from the wardrobe provided by the Miss Universe organization.
On Thursday, January 28, Pia wore a green Martin Bautista dress for the first part of the program during the taping of her homecoming special. She later changed into the blue gown by Albert Andrada for her much awaited walk with Miss Universe 1973 Margie Moran.
Pia will be in the country until January 30 before flying back to the US to resume her duties as Miss Universe. – Rappler.com
More Miss Universe on Rappler:
- IN PHOTOS: Pia Wurtzbach's Grand Homecoming Special
- Social Media: Filipinos all praises during Pia Wurtzbach parade
- Beauty queens on PH as pageant powerhouse
- Pia Wurtzbach meets President Aquino for first time since Miss Universe win
- Miss Universe president Paula Shugart on Filipino fans
- IN PHOTOS: Fans welcome Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach back home
- IN PHOTOS: Pia Wurtzbach at grand homecoming parade
- Pia Wurtzbach honored with key to the city of Manila
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach shares awesome advice from Shamcey Supsup
- Pia Wurtzbach to wear more Filipino designs during reign
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach defends answer on US military presence in PH
- Pia Wurtzbach on love life, being 'sawi,' and more
- Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach arrives in Manila
- WATCH: Miss Colombia, Steve Harvey laugh at Miss Universe memes
- WATCH: Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez discusses 'nightmare' Miss Universe moment
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach discusses Miss Universe mix-up with Steve Harvey
- Pia Wurtzbach meets Lea Salonga in New York
- James Franco responds to Pia Wurtzbach: 'I love the Philippines!'
- Pia Wurtzbach coming home to PH on January 23
- Pia Wurtzbach reacts to meeting Samuel L Jackson, Eva Longoria
- Steve Harvey releases first statement on Miss Universe 2015 mix-up
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach answers pageant questions in 45 seconds
- Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach on effigy issue, PH homecoming
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach gets her Miss Universe walk
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach's first interview as Miss Universe 2015
- Stella Araneta on Miss U:' I'm Colombian but I would choose Philippines'
- Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez speaks up on announcement mix-up
- Colombians burn Pia Wurtzbach, Steve Harvey effigies to ring in 2016
- Colombian apologizes over video of burning Pia Wurtzbach effigy
Pia Wurtzbach as Miss Universe 2015
- Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach's New Year message: 'I've never been more proud to be a Filipina'
- See Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach as a doll
- Artist sketches Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach as a Disney princess
- Pia Wurtzbach to Miss Colombia: Fate has a plan for you
- WATCH: Miss Universe Germany upset over PH win
- PH's Pia Wurtzbach wins Miss Universe 2015
- Mix-up seen 'round the universe: Host Steve Harvey announces wrong winner
- WATCH: Miss Philippines, Miss Colombia speak up on Miss Universe 2015 mix-up
- Pro-US bases? Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach should get a briefing, activists say
- What happened? Netizens chime in on #MissUniverse2015 mixup
- WATCH: Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach's triumphant winning moment
- LIVE BLOG: Miss Universe 2015 coronation night
- Palace, politicians: Thank you, Pia, for this Christmas gift
- Miss Universe 2015 predictions: Who will win the crown?
- Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach sends out message before finals
- Miss Universe PH 2015 Pia Wurtzbach asks #AlDub fans: Support me
- IN PHOTOS: Miss Universe 2015 candidates share makeup-free selfies
- LOOK: Miss Universe PH 2015 Pia Wurtzbach's national costume
- IN PHOTOS: A glimpse of the national costumes at Miss Universe 2015
- IN PHOTOS: Miss PH Pia Wurtzbach at Miss Universe preliminaries
- Miss Universe 2015: Miss Myanmar recovers from preliminary competition stumble
- Photo recap: Miss Universe 2015 preliminary competition
- Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach: I'm not going to waste my victory
- Miss Universe 2015 pageant gets a confirmed date
- 5 things to know about Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach
- IN PHOTOS: Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach's official Miss Universe photos
- Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach: Work around your weaknesses
- Emotional Pia Wurtzbach recalls challenging road to Miss Universe
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach wins Miss Universe PH crown
- IN PHOTOS: Recap, Miss Universe 2014-2015 coronation