LOOK: Pia Wurtzbach's striking red outfit at New York fashion event
MANILA, Philippines – After her stint as special correspondent for Inside Edition in Super Bowl 50 in Santa Clara, California, Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach returned to New York and participated in a fashion event in the city.
On Thursday, February 11, Pia was one of the celebrities who walked down the runway for the American Heart Association's Go Red for Women's fashion event presented by Macy's. Pia walked the runway in a red gown designed by Carmen Marc Valvo.
Other stars who were part of the event include Miss Universe 2012 Olivia Culpo, Candace Cameron Burke, Debbie Gibson, singer Monica, and more.
Before the event, Pia also attended New York Fashion Week, where she was able to watch the fashion show of Nicholas K.
@missuniverse front row at Nicholas K this morning wearing @nicholaskstudio and @monika_chiang. Also, me creeping from the second row hiding behind my new favorite @super_sunglasses. #missuniverse #piawurtzbach #confidentlybeautiful #nicholask #monikachiang #marquisbias #styledbymb #retrosuperfuture #nyfw
According to the Go Red For Women website, the event highlights the importance of learning more about and preventing heart diseases, which remain one of the most prevalent causes of death. It was reported that heart diseases and stroke kill one out of 3 women each year. An estimated 44 million women suffer from heart conditions in the US.
To make a donation, click on your chosen celebrity on the website and choose the amount you are willing to donate for the cause. – Rappler.com
More Miss Universe on Rappler:
- IN PHOTOS: Pia Wurtzbach's Grand Homecoming Special
- Social Media: Filipinos all praises during Pia Wurtzbach parade
- Beauty queens on PH as pageant powerhouse
- Pia Wurtzbach meets President Aquino for first time since Miss Universe win
- Miss Universe president Paula Shugart on Filipino fans
- IN PHOTOS: Fans welcome Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach back home
- IN PHOTOS: Pia Wurtzbach at grand homecoming parade
- Pia Wurtzbach honored with key to the city of Manila
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach shares awesome advice from Shamcey Supsup
- Pia Wurtzbach to wear more Filipino designs during reign
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach defends answer on US military presence in PH
- Pia Wurtzbach on love life, being 'sawi,' and more
- Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach arrives in Manila
- WATCH: Miss Colombia, Steve Harvey laugh at Miss Universe memes
- WATCH: Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez discusses 'nightmare' Miss Universe moment
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach discusses Miss Universe mix-up with Steve Harvey
- Pia Wurtzbach meets Lea Salonga in New York
- James Franco responds to Pia Wurtzbach: 'I love the Philippines!'
- Pia Wurtzbach coming home to PH on January 23
- Pia Wurtzbach reacts to meeting Samuel L Jackson, Eva Longoria
- Steve Harvey releases first statement on Miss Universe 2015 mix-up
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach answers pageant questions in 45 seconds
- Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach on effigy issue, PH homecoming
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach gets her Miss Universe walk
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach's first interview as Miss Universe 2015
- Stella Araneta on Miss U:' I'm Colombian but I would choose Philippines'
- Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez speaks up on announcement mix-up
- Colombians burn Pia Wurtzbach, Steve Harvey effigies to ring in 2016
- Colombian apologizes over video of burning Pia Wurtzbach effigy
Pia Wurtzbach as Miss Universe 2015
- Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach's New Year message: 'I've never been more proud to be a Filipina'
- See Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach as a doll
- Artist sketches Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach as a Disney princess
- Pia Wurtzbach to Miss Colombia: Fate has a plan for you
- WATCH: Miss Universe Germany upset over PH win
- PH's Pia Wurtzbach wins Miss Universe 2015
- Mix-up seen 'round the universe: Host Steve Harvey announces wrong winner
- WATCH: Miss Philippines, Miss Colombia speak up on Miss Universe 2015 mix-up
- Pro-US bases? Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach should get a briefing, activists say
- What happened? Netizens chime in on #MissUniverse2015 mixup
- WATCH: Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach's triumphant winning moment
- LIVE BLOG: Miss Universe 2015 coronation night
- Palace, politicians: Thank you, Pia, for this Christmas gift
- Miss Universe 2015 predictions: Who will win the crown?
- Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach sends out message before finals
- Miss Universe PH 2015 Pia Wurtzbach asks #AlDub fans: Support me
- IN PHOTOS: Miss Universe 2015 candidates share makeup-free selfies
- LOOK: Miss Universe PH 2015 Pia Wurtzbach's national costume
- IN PHOTOS: A glimpse of the national costumes at Miss Universe 2015
- IN PHOTOS: Miss PH Pia Wurtzbach at Miss Universe preliminaries
- Miss Universe 2015: Miss Myanmar recovers from preliminary competition stumble
- Photo recap: Miss Universe 2015 preliminary competition
- Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach: I'm not going to waste my victory
- Miss Universe 2015 pageant gets a confirmed date
- 5 things to know about Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach
- IN PHOTOS: Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach's official Miss Universe photos
- Miss Universe PH Pia Wurtzbach: Work around your weaknesses
- Emotional Pia Wurtzbach recalls challenging road to Miss Universe
- WATCH: Pia Wurtzbach wins Miss Universe PH crown
- IN PHOTOS: Recap, Miss Universe 2014-2015 coronation