SCHEDULE: Mandatory training for new SK officials 2018
We're updating the page as information from the DILG regional offices come in. DILG regional offices may get in touch with us via email@example.com if their schedules are not on the list.
MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – Newly-elected officials of the Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) in the country's more than 42,000 barangays are required by law to undergo training and orientation before they can assume office.
The training – mandated by the SK Reform Act and ordered by the Department of the Interior and Local Government in a January 2018 memorandum – aims to prepare the elected and appointed officials for their new roles.
Prior to the mandatory training, the Presidential Council for Youth Affairs gave optional training for newly-elected officials, as per Title 3, Section 532, of Republic Act 7160 or the Local Government Code of 1991.
The training will cover the following topics:
- Decentralization and local governance
- History of the SK and the SK Reform Act, also known as Republic Act 10472
- Meetings and resolutions
- Planning and budgeting
- RA 6713 or the Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees
Here is the schedule for the training:
- Cordillera Administrative Region advised new SK officials to coordinate with local DILG offices on May 15.
- Cagayan Valley: May 16-26
- The municipality of Cordon, Isabela: May 16
- Central Luzon: May 16-26
- Aurora: May 16-23
- Bataan: May 16-24
- Bulacan: May 16-23
- Nueva Ecija: May 17-23
- Pampanga: May 18-26
- Tarlac: May 17-23
- Zambales: May 18-25
- National Capital Region: May 16-26
- Calabarzon: May 16-26
- Mimaropa: May 16-26
- Eastern Visayas
- Calbayog City: May 17-19, 21
- Northern Mindanao
- Lanao del Norte province: May 17-26
- Davao Region
- Compostela Valley: May 22-25
- Davao del Norte province: May 17-26
- Davao del Sur: May 16-23
- Davao Oriental: May 19
- Davao Occidental: May 17-25
- Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao
- Basilan: May 21-23 at Claret College of Isabela
The new officials have to bring a 2x2 photo for the registration process. – Rappler.com