Palace announces 2013 holidays
MANILA, Philippines – It's time to schedule those long vacations.
The Palace on Saturday, September 1, released its list of Philippine holidays for 2013. President Benigno Aquino III announced the 2013 holidays through Presidential Proclamation 459, which is posted on the Palace website.
The following are 2013's regular holidays:
- January 1 - New Year's Day (Tuesday)
- March 28 - Maundy Thursday
- March 29 - Good Friday
- April 9 - Araw ng Kagitingan (Tuesday)
- May 1 - Labor Day (Wednesday)
- June 12 - Independence Day (Wednesday)
- August 26 - National Heroes Day (Monday)
- November 30 - Bonifacio Day (Saturday)
- December 25 - Christmas Day (Wednesday)
- December 30 - Rizal Day (Monday)
The following are the special non-working days next year:
- March 30 - Holy Saturday
- August 21 - Ninoy Aquino Day (Wednesday)
- November 1 - All Saints' Day (Friday)
- November 2 (Saturday), December 24 (Tuesday) - Additional non-working days
- December 31 - Last day of the year (Tuesday)
The Edsa Revolution anniversary, February 25 (Monday), will be a special holiday for schools.
"The proclamations declaring national holidays for the observance of Eid’l Fitr and Eidul Adha shall hereafter be issued after the approximate dates of the Islamic holidays have been determined in accordance with the Islamic calendar (Hijra) or the lunar calendar, or upon Islamic astronomical calculations, whichever is possible or convenient. To this end, the National Commission on Muslim Filipinos (NCMF) shall inform the Office of the President on which day the holiday shall fall," the Palace added. – Rappler.com