LIST: Traffic management schemes during Skyway Extension construction
MANILA, Philippines – The construction of the southbound section of the P10-billion Skyway extension project is expected to affect motorists going to Alabang or the Alabang-Zapote Road.
As the board piling and column installation works start on February 16, stakeholders of the project – Skyway O&M Corporation, the city government of Muntinlupa, and Filinvest Alabang Incorporated – jointly approved a traffic management plan for a target duration of 6 weeks.
Included in the plan are the following closures:
- One southbound lane (Lane 3) of Skyway at-grade and the northbound lane of the West Service Road from the Sucat Interchange to Alabang viaduct
- Southbound Alabang exit plaza (beside the Alabang viaduct) and the nearby southbound Bunye South Station (heading to Crimson, Filinvest)
The traffic management schemes are as follows:
Class 1 and 2 vehicles going toward Alabang or Alabang-Zapote Road will take Filinvest Exit Toll Plaza, turn right at Corporate Avenue, right to Civic Drive, right again at Corporate Avenue, then right to Alabang-Zapote Road up to their destination.
Class 1, 2, and 3 vehicles headed for Alabang, Putatan, and National Road can take the Susana Exit Toll Plaza, turn right at Susana Heights Avenue, and turn either left or right on the National Road to their destinations.
Class 1 vehicles going toward Alabang-Zapote Road, Filinvest, or Daang Hari may opt for any of the following routes:
- Take Filinvest exit, straight to Filinvest Avenue, left to Commerce Avenue and/or left Alabang-Zapote Road to destination.
- Take Filinvest exit, right to Corporate Avenue, left to Commerce Avenue, right to Filinvest Avenue, left to Alabang-Zapote Road.
For the closure of one at-grade southbound lane (Lane 3) at Skyway At-grade and a portion of West Service Road northbound, motorists are advised to do the following:
Class 1 vehicles headed for Skyway northbound at-grade, from Alabang-Zapote Road, take Filinvest Avenue, turn left to Parkway Street, then turn right to the access tunnel to the Filinvest northbound entry.
Class 1 vehicles going toward Skyway northbound elevated, from Alabang-Zapote Road, take Filinvest Avenue, turn left to Parkway Street, then turn right to the access tunnel to the Filinvest northbound entry. Keep right and use the ramp before the Sucat interchange (on-ramp to Skyway Main Plaza).
Class 1 and 2 vehicles bound for East Service Road, take a U-Turn at the Alabang Viaduct Ilalim in front of Starmall.
– Loreben Tuquero/Rappler.com