Magnitude 6.1 earthquake rocks Sarangani
MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED)– A magnitude 6.1 earthquake struck Sarangani on Thursday night, March 26, according to the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs).
In a late night bulletin, Phivolcs said the earthquake, which was tectonic in origin, struck at 11:38 pm some 46 kilometers away from Maasim, Sarangani, at a depth of 49 kilometers.
The following intensities were recorded:
- Intensity V - Maasim, Glan, and Malapatan, Sarangani; Tupi, South Cotabato; General Santos City; Palimbang, Sultan Kudarat
- Intensity IV - Jose Abad Santos, Malita, and Sarangani, Davao Occidental; Koronadal City
- Intensity III - Davao City; Maco, and Mawab, Davao de Oro
- Intensity VI - General Santos City
- Intensity V - Alabel, and Malungon, Sarangani
- Intensity IV - Koronadal City
- Intensity I - Gingoog City, Misamis Oriental
Phivolcs warned that damage and aftershocks are expected. – Rappler.com