Ebola in DR Congo - updates

Rappler's latest stories on Ebola in DR Congo

ARTICLE FINDER

DR Congo declares end to Ebola epidemic in east

Jun 26, 2020 - 12:39 AM

The epidemic in the east broke out in August 2018 and killed a total of 2,227 people

END OF EPIDEMIC. In this file photo taken on May 16, 2019, family members react as they watch a victim of the Ebola virus being buried in Butembo. Democratic Republic of Congo's government on June 25, 2020, officially declared an end to an epidemic of Ebola that broke out in the east of the troubled country in August 2018. File photo by John Wessels/AFP

DR Congo reports fresh Ebola outbreak

Jun 01, 2020 - 11:46 PM

The 11th Ebola outbreak in the vast central African country's history comes just weeks before it had hoped to declare the end of the 10th in the east

EBOLA. This handout picture released by Doctors Without Borders on November 14, 2019, shows a health worker preparing a syringe before administrating it as a first injection of the new Ebola vaccine to people at the MSF facilities in the North Kivu capital of Goma. AFP PHOTO/HO/MSF

Ebola cases in DR Congo break 2,000 mark

Jun 05, 2019 - 12:29 AM

There have been fewer attacks on Ebola teams by armed groups, which means health workers have 'recovered some of the lost time to contain the spread of the epidemic'

EBOLA DEATHS. Health workers prepare to bury a coffin containing a victim of the ebola virus on May 16, 2019 in Butembo. Photo by John Wessels/AFP

D.R. Congo rolls out prototype Ebola drugs as death toll rises to 67

Aug 25, 2018 - 11:38 PM

The health ministry says 4 other experimental drugs had been approved for treating infected patients

Ebola death toll in DR Congo rises to 55

Aug 21, 2018 - 1:44 PM

Government has decided to make treatment free in Beni, Mabalako-Mangina, and Oicha for 3 months starting August 20

PREVENTION. A Red Cross volunteer explains measures to prevent infection with Ebola to inhabitants, on August 17, 2018 in Butugo, western Uganda, near the border with Democratic Republic of Congo. Photo by Sumy Sadurni/AFP

WHO chief says Ebola outbreak in DR Congo 'not over'

Jun 13, 2018 - 12:26 PM

'On the basis of statistics, we can say that the situation has stabilized but the war is not over, we must reinforce vigilance and surveillance,' says WHO chief Tedros Adhanom

EBOLA VACCINE. Nurses working with the World Health Organization administer the Ebola vaccine to a local doctor at the town hall of Mbandaka on May 21, 2018 during the launch of the Ebola vaccination campaign.  File photo by Junior Kannah/AFP