plunder cases Philippines - updates

Rappler's latest stories on plunder cases Philippines

ARTICLE FINDER

AMLC report can be used vs Jinggoy Estrada – SC

Oct 07, 2018 - 5:12 PM

The Anti-Money Laundering Council report alleges that ex-senator Jinggoy Estrada received at least P157.6 million in kickbacks through the pork barrel scam

ADMISSIBLE. Former Senator Jinggoy Estrada arrives at the Sandiganbayan on September 25, 2017, to attend hearing on his plunder case. Photo by Darren Langit/Rappler

SC junks Revilla petition to unfreeze assets

Jul 24, 2018 - 3:35 PM

Former senator Bong Revilla's latest petition to stop the trial at the anti-graft Sandiganbayan is still pending

PLUNDER CASE. Former senator Ramon 'Bong' Revilla Jr is under tria; before the anti-graft court Sandiganbayan for plunder in connection with the pork barrel scam. Photo by Darren Langit/Rappler

P59.8-M SAF allowance mess 'litmus test' for Albayalde – Año

Apr 19, 2018 - 3:53 PM

'This should be his first priority and will serve as litmus test on how he will carry out the internal cleansing program within the police organization,' says DILG OIC Eduardo Año, as the new Philippine National Police chief assumes his post

FORMER AFP CHIEF. DILG OIC Eduardo Año wants incoming PNP chief Oscar Albayalde to solve the SAF allowances issue. Malacañang file photo.

Returning money won't stop probes vs ex-SAF chief – Dela Rosa

Apr 18, 2018 - 8:02 AM

The Philippine National Police has now launched its own probe into the Special Action Force allowances controversy

OUTGOING CHIEF. Ronald dela Rosa speaks to reporters during his retirement testimonial dinner in Camp Crame. Photo by Rambo Talabong/Rappler

Ex-SAF chief's budget officer returns P37 million to PNP

Apr 17, 2018 - 10:21 PM

(UPDATED) The PNP presumes that the money is in relation to the missing P59.8-million SAF allowances allegedly kept by former SAF chief Director Benjamin Lusad and his cohorts

BENEFICIARIES. This file photo shows the PNP SAF troopers who saw action in Marawi City. File photo by Inoue Jaena/Rappler

NBI files plunder complaint vs ex-DPWH chief Singson over right-of-way scam

Mar 21, 2018 - 2:02 PM

The NBI says it is coordinating with AMLC to establish direct evidence that Singson et al pocketed the money

HEARING. Former DPWH secretary Rogelio Singson attends the Senate probe into the alleged right-of-way scam. Photo by Camille Elemia/Rappler

Revilla to seek outright dismissal of P224.5-M plunder case

Oct 03, 2017 - 5:00 PM

Contrary to his earlier plan, former senator Ramon 'Bong' Revilla Jr will no longer file a petition for bail

NO MORE BAIL. Former senator Bong Revilla says he trusts his lawyers' move to no longer move for bail, instead an outright dismissal through a demurrer of evidence. Photo by Lian Buan/Rappler

Plunder cases in the Philippines: Was anyone punished?

Feb 18, 2017 - 9:51 AM

UPDATED Of the two people convicted of plunder so far only one – a lowly BIR cashier – is still serving her sentence Former president Joseph Estrada was pardoned

Weak PDAF cases? Ombudsman amends info vs 3 senators

Jun 25, 2014 - 2:49 PM

UPDATED It appears they have been alerted by an argument made by alleged scam mastermind Janet Napoles that could possibly weaken the plunder cases vs the senators

INDICTED. The Ombudsman approves the indictment of a former mayor for malversation of public funds. Photo from the Office of the Ombudsman website

GMA not expected to cast vote

May 10, 2013 - 2:39 PM

Former president and incumbent Pampanga representative Gloria Macapagal Arroyo is not expected to cast her vote this upcoming elections on May 13