#PopeFrancisPH: Mass in Manila Cathedral
MANILA, Philippines – Pope Francis makes a historic first trip to the Philippines.
Rappler is livestreaming the events of his 5-day visit which includes a meeting with President Benigno Aquino, and meetings with priests, the youth and families in the country's capital, Manila. He will also spend a day in Leyte to meet the survivors of Typhoon Yolanda (international name: Haiyan).
The charismatic pontiff is expected to draw crowds of thousands to millions, possibly rivaling the 5-million-strong crowd of Pope John Paul II's visit in 1995. For more stories on the Pope, visit #PopeFrancisPH.
VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS FROM HIS MASS IN MANILA CATHEDRAL
Click on the thumbnails below to see the videos.
Click here to watch the other events of Pope Francis' visit to the country:
- #PopeFrancisPH: Pope Francis arrives in Manila
- #PopeFrancisPH: Pope Francis visits Malacañang
- #PopeFrancisPH: Pope Francis visits families at MOA
- #PopeFrancisPH: The papal route to Villamor Airbase
- #PopeFrancisPH: Pope Francis visits Tacloban
- #PopeFrancisPH: Papal route and presscon in Manila
- #PopeFrancisPH: Pope Francis visits UST
- #PopeFrancisPH: Mass at the Quirino Grandstand
- #PopeFrancisPH: Pope Francis leaves Manila
Here are some fast facts for each of the venues:
- Apostolic Nunciature in PH
- Mall of Asia Arena
- Tacloban Airport
- Archdiocese of Palo (Leyte) and the archbishop's residence
- Pope Francis Center
- Palo Cathedral, Leyte
- University of Santo Tomas
- Rizal Park