Oakley in court on charges from Knicks game incident
NEW YORK, USA – Former New York Knicks star Charles Oakley appeared in court on Tuesday, April 11 (Wednesday in Manila) to be arraigned on charges stemming from his run-in with Madison Square Garden security personnel during a Knicks game in February.
Oakley, who faces two misdemeanor assault charges, two harassment charges and a charge of criminal trespassing, was ordered to file motions by May 16 and to appear again in court on May 30.
Oakley said before the hearing he hoped the charges would be dismissed, but told reporters afterward he didn't "feel disrespected".
"It's a part of life," he said. "There were a lot of people in there who did something and were defending themselves. It's a process."
Oakley was tossed from the Knicks' fabled arena on February 8.
Oakley scuffled with security as they attempted to remove him and was arrested.
The fracas was an eruption of a long-simmering feud between Dolan and 53-year-old fan favorite Oakley, who has been criticial of the owner's stewardship of the Knicks.
He denied the Knicks' charge that he had been abusive, and the row provoked a backlash from former and current players angered by the club's treatment of Oakley. – Rappler.com