McIlroy-Johnson charity match in Philippines cancelled – Reyes
MANILA, Philippines – Chot Reyes, the CEO of TV5, announced through Twitter on Wednesday, November 16, that the scheduled charity golf match between Rory McIlroy and Dustin Johnson in the country later this month has been cancelled.
"Super-bummed that the Rory McIlroy - Dustin Johnson Golf for a Cause has been cancelled. Was told that CAA was in breach of contract," tweeted Reyes, also the head coach of the Philippine national basketball team.
Super-bummed that the Rory McIlroy - Dustin Johnson Golf for a Cause has been cancelled. Was told that CAA was in breach of contract— Chot Reyes (@coachot) November 16, 2016
No further details have been given, so far.
The duo were originally scheduled to face off at Pradera Verde Golf and Country Club in Pampanga, Philippines, from November 28 to 30.
The two golfers were also supposed to visit the country for the first time.
Jason Day, Australia's world number one, was initially supposed to challenge McIlroy but he pulled out due to an injury. – Rappler.com