IN PHOTOS: 2016 Palarong Pambansa comes to an end
LEGAZPI CITY, Philippines – The curtains have fallen on the 2016 Palarong Pambansa hosted by Albay.
National Capital Region emerged victorious once again with its 12th straight overall championship while Calabarzon and Western Visayas maintained their places at the podium.
Albay put on a radiant closing ceremony that was at par with the colorful opening program as this year's Palaro ended with what was dubbed a "Unity Dance" where all the delegates led by teachers from Albay dances in unison as a sign of camaraderie.
Take a look at the scenes from the 2016 Palarong Pambansa closing ceremony below.
– with a report from Cynthia Babagay- Llacer/Rappler.com
More 2016 Palarong Pambansa stories:
- A colorful 2016 Palarong Pambansa opening
- Student-athletes go all out in Day 1 of #Palaro2016
- Archery, swimming, wrestling in Day 2 of #Palaro2016
- #Palaro2016's fastest female runner, chess, arnis & more
- High jump record holder, sepak takraw, billiards
- The sport of bocce at Palaro 2016 para games
READ AND WATCH:
- Pia Cayetano to push for Palaro infrastructure funding
- Palaro silver, bronze medalists to get incentives for first time
- DepEd eyes adding chess for the blind at next Palaro
- Inside the main venue days before Palarong Pambansa 2016
- The new Palaro contender: Negros Island Region
- Power outages hit 2016 Palarong Pambansa in Albay
- Ilocos Region looks to climb out of cellar in this year's Palaro
- DepEd promotes ‘school sports,’ not A-League sports
- Bicol DOH releases health report midway through 2016 Palaro
- 3 suffer minor injuries as Palaro cauldron overheats, cracks
- Palaro 2016 Mood Meter: Most participants are Happy
Click here to read more stories on Palarong Pambansa 2018