Facebook rolls out Shop section for Pages in the PH
MANILA, Philippines – Facebook rolled out on Tuesday, May 31, a Shop section for Pages in the Philippines.
This free feature is designed to provide businesses with a new way to prominently showcase the products they are selling on their Page. The Shop section on Pages allows people to easily discover and browse products available from the businesses they care about.
“Many small businesses in the Philippines currently use Facebook Pages to run their businesses by using posts and messages to share products with the people who follow them. With the Shop section being rolled out in the Philippines, we are greatly improving this experience by allowing businesses to feature their products in a more visually appealing way, and this also enables people to buy those products through messaging,” said Nadia Tan, Head of SMB in South East Asia for Facebook.
“We are committed to helping small businesses better connect with the 51 million people on Facebook in the Philippines and, ultimately, to help them grow their businesses,” she said.
The new Shop section includes the following features:
- Merchandising: easily showcase products with “Featured Products”
- Purchase: Message button next to the product allows customers to contact the seller to learn more and arrange purchase
- Subscribe: People will be able to subscribe to a Shop section to receive new product updates and other notifications from businesses
- Advertising: A new Boost Product option will be available, allowing businesses to easily create an advertisement featuring the product
To add a Shop section to your Page:
- On your Page, click the Add a Section link.
- Click Add Shop Section.
- If, after reading them, you agree to our Merchant Terms and Policies, check the I Agree to the Merchant Terms and Policies box and click Continue.
Learn more about setting up and managing your new shop page here.
Since a lot of local businesses rely on Facebook's platform, the Shop section is seen as an important avenue to help local businesses connect to their consumers.
Do you have a shop set up on Facebook? Write about your products on X! – Rappler.com